Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Eightfold Path
Transcript of The Eightfold Path
LO: To be able to briefly describe the meaning of each step in the Eightfold path.
Morality: Rules for judging what is right and what
The Eightfold path is the heart of the Buddhist
faith. These eight steps are the solution to
suffering. The eightfold path should be included
in everyday life.
The Eightfold path
1. Right Understanding: Think about what you are doing with your life.
Practice different teachings, faiths, ways of
life and decide what is true.
The Dharma wheel is a symbol in Buddhism.
The Dharma wheel with eight spokes represents the
In your copies, draw a
Dharma wheel and write
each of the eight paths
next to a spoke with a
Pick three of the paths that you feel are the most important.
Explain your reasoning for this and give an example of how this path can be used in everyday life.
2. Right Thought: Daydreaming is a waste of time.
See what the heart really wants.
3. Right Speech: Only say good things, do not gossip.
4. Right Action: Do not be selfish. Do not kill or steal. Consider others.
5. Right Livelihood: In work do not harm any living creature. Live in a
way that does not cause harm.
6. Right Effort: Be positive and honest. Reject jealousy and anger.
7. Right Mindfulness: Be aware of your state of mind.
8. Right Concentration: Concentrate at all times. Live and concentrate on the
What went well & Even better if
In the copy you corrected note the following:
WWW: One thing that the person did well
EBI: One thing that would add to their work
Why is the eightfold path important to Buddhists?
2. Draw the following into your copies and complete.
Right Livelihood Be positive in our way of thinking
Right Action Do not be selfish
Right Speech Avoid gossip and slander
Right Effort Do not harm another living being
3. What does the Dharma wheel represent?
4. Explain Right thought, Right mindfulness and Right