Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Interactive Student Notebooks
Transcript of Interactive Student Notebooks
Eighth Grade Language Arts @ SMS
What is it?
table of contents
1. You provide the students with notes.
2. They glue or tape the notes into their notebooks on the designated side.
3. On the opposing page, students interact with the information you gave them in whatever form chosen.
The ISN is a more creative, engaging, and organized way of taking notes and processing new information.
What's in it?
How do I use it?
Where can I steal some ideas?
How do I manage it?
COMMON CORE ALERT:
* Notes stay put--no more searching through binders or throwing away old handouts
* Gluing and taping--really? Yes! Middle School kids are HANDS-ON, they like to be busy, they like to work together, and they need PRACTICE following instructions. :)
* Interact--how? Written reflections, drawings, diagrams, practice problems, etc. Use of color and creativity is encouraged.
Essentially, the ISN becomes a personalized textbook or guidebook for your course. Some kids got so attached to them, they DIDN'T THROW THEM AWAY AT THE END OF THE YEAR!?!?
REAL WORLD KNOWLEDGE ALERT:
Following directions, working cooperatively
HIGHER-LEVEL THINKING ALERT:
evaluating information, reflective analysis
use a composition notebook
each student should supply his or her own glue stick
use supply caddies
assign jobs (paper, trash, supplies?)
hire student coaches when giving instructions
obtain a document camera or use the dual page display on SmartBoard
collect for grading once per marking period
consider giving a "Notes Quiz"
4. Web Search
Reorganize new information in creative formats
Express opinions and feelings
Explore new ideas
Handouts with new information
Sarah Rubin's Interactive Notebook Prezi
Dinah Zike's Foldables
Everybody is a Genius
Interactive Notebooks Wikispace
The Middle School Mouth