Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Mitosis!
By: Shivani Kolla, Elizabeth Woolley, and
Ella Grundeen Strehlow
In cytokinesis for animal cells, the cytoplasm pinches and separates the cell into two daughter cells!
For plant cells, a plate forms between were the cell wall is going to be.
There are 4 different phases of Mitosis(Prophase, Metaphase, Anaphase, Telophase)
"The 4 Stages of Mitosis." <i>Mnemonic:</i>. Web. 13 Dec. 2014. <http://www.ict4us.com/r.kuijt/en_mitosis.htm>.
"Mitosis, Cell Cycle Control, Meiosis." <i>Mitosis, Cell Cycle Control, Meiosis</i>. Web. 13 Dec. 2014. <http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gh19/b1510/mitmei.htm>.
Mitosis is the 2nd phase of the Cell Cycle
by: Shivani Kolla
"EduPic Cell Drawings." <i>EduPic Cell Drawings</i>. Web. 13 Dec. 2014. <http://www.edupic.net/cells.htm>.
Mitosis is NOT the longest
phase of the cell cycle
<i>Www.edupic.net</i>. Web. 13 Dec. 2014. <http://www.edupic.net/cells.htmhttp://www.edupic.net/cells.htm>.
Web. 13 Dec. 2014. <http://www.edupic.net/Images/Mitosis/telophase_3D.png>.
By: Ella Grundeen Strehlow
Ana = Apart
1. The chromatin organizes itself to become chromatids. ( which will form chromosomes)
2. The nuclear membrane breaks apart so the chromosomes inside can be spread out.
3. The nucleolus inside the nucleus disappears.
4.The spindle fibers start shooting out of the centrioles.
that the cells
being made are
a chromatid is 1/2
of a chromosome
Centromeres are the thing that hold the chromosomes together. They are located in the middle of the chromosome.
1. The chromosomes line up in the middle.
2. Spindle fibers attach to the centromeres.
During Anaphase, the chromosomes are being pulled apart by the spindle fibers. The chromosomes that are pulled apart are now chromatids.
1. 2 nuclei begin to form with the same amount of chromatids in each nuclei.
2. The nuclear membrane will begin to grow again.
3. The nucleolus will appear again.
<i>SparkNotes</i>. SparkNotes. Web. 14 Dec. 2014. <http://www.sparknotes.com/biology/cellreproduction/mitosis/section3.rhtml>.
Interphase is the first phase of The Cell Cycle. During this phase, the cell prepares to divide into two cells by copying it's DNA and enlarges itself.
It also makes more organelles and more cytoplasm.
For this phase, the cell grows to it's needed
size and creates the structures it needs.
"The Three Stages of Interphase." The Three Stages of Interphase. Web. 15 Dec. 2014. <http://www.tutorvista.com/biology/the-three-stages-of-interphase>.
The cell duplicates all of it's chromosomes. For humans, it would go from 23 to 46.
In this phase, the cell checks itself for any missing organelles and increases the amount of cytoplasm, so when the cell becomes two, there is enough for both.
After this, the cell is prepared to go on to the cell division.