Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Pizza
In the 1960s, pizza began to become popular as a fast food in North America
Different Types of pizza
Pizza also got spread to the Italian communities overseas.
Having originated in the sixteenth century, pizza was probably first prepared in the humble homes of the poor.
Facts About Pizza
The average pizzeria uses roughly 55 pizza boxes per day.
We consume around 251,770,000 pounds of pepperonis every year.
Many of the basic elements of Italian Cuisine are familiar in North America Originated in Naples.
93 percent of Americans have eaten pizza in the last month.
Pizza is a multi-billion dollar industry with pizzerias representing percent of all restaurants.
Pizza accounts for more than 10 percent of all food service sales.
94 percent of Americans eat pizza regularly.
Over 5 billion pizzas are sold worldwide each year.
October is the US national pizza month.
Eating pizza once a week can reduce the risk of esophageal cancer.
Cooking Tips Continued
• It's hard to roll dough that's too cold.
• Keep everything well-floured.
• A great pizza must have a great crust.
• Don’t under bake the crust.
• Place the pizza low in the oven to help bake the crust.
• Try using a baking stone instead of a metal pan.
• Stretch the dough with your hands until it's as thin as you can get it.
• If you prefer a chewier crust, incorporate more flour into your dough so that it’s less sticky.
• Use a pizza stone, a pizza peel, and a pizza wheel for the best pizza outcome.
• Pizza dough is at its best when shaped gently by hand.
• Don't knead the dough before stretching it.
2 ounces sliced pepperoni
• Watch closely so the pizza doesn't burn.
6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
Jar of pizza sauce
2 teaspoons of olive oil
2 cups of mushrooms (4 ounces)
Herbs such as oregano and thyme
• For a tender crust, use all-purpose flour.
• Never use a light-colored pan for baking a pizza.
• Press from the center to the outside or roll with a rolling pin from the middle.
Pizza of ancient Middle Eastern and Mediterranean Cultures made an early form of pizza