Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Why should you diversify your charity Board?
Transcript of Why should you diversify your charity Board?
What does diversity mean?
Two main types:
1- Diversity of skills
2- Diversity in all other ways: age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, background etc.
Why does diversity matter?
- It brings a range of opinions and experience into your organisation and stops you becoming stale
- It can bring you closer to your beneficiaries and to the wider public
- In the interests of promoting a more equal and just world, power should be dispersed
What can diversity do?
- It can challenge the status quo and bring new ideas into your organisation
- It can show that you 'practice what you preach'
- It can mean that you continue to move forward and adapt instead of standing still
- It means there are more potential Trustees for your Board!
What steps can you take?
- Look at all the structure of your Board. Do you recruit widely? Is the induction process good? Do meetings work well for everyone involved?
- You need to look at whether your Trustees get something out of the experience. Do they contribute? Do they learn new things?
Where can you get advice?
- The Trustees' Week website is a great place to start: http://trusteesweek.blogspot.co.uk/
- Talk to similar charities who have successfully made their boards more diverse