Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
How to Give a Demonstration Speech
Transcript of How to Give a Demonstration Speech
Outline for Speech
I. Attention getter. State your thesis. Give a brief overview of your steps. Three main points
1. Gather materials.
2. Mix ingredients.
3. Bake and cool.
I. The first step is to gather the materials.
1. Provide all the necessary steps for your first point.
II. The second step is to mix all of the ingredients.
1. Provide all the necessary steps for your second point.
Where Do I Start?
Think about a topic that is interesting and an area at which yourself knowledgeable. Share it!
can I show
1. Pick a topic for your demonstration speech.
2. Run your topic by Mrs. Ternes BEFORE you start planning.
III. The third step is to bake.
1. Provide all of the necessary steps for this.
Brakelight: [near end of speech, signal audience that you are about to review the steps in the process]You now have a freshly baked cake in 3 easy steps Let’s review those steps again.
I. The three steps in making a cake are:
1. Restate three main points.
2. Restate thesis.
What is it?
A demonstration speech explains how to do something or how something works.
Objects or physical activity by the demonstrator must be exhibited.
The speech must be instructive and present valuable and significant information.
1.The speech must be original by the speaker.
2.Topics must be approved. (Due: 9/24)
3.Outlines are to be completed by 9/25
4.You must SHOW the audience how to do something.
5.Presentations will take place in the classroom.
8.The speech should be 3-5 minutes.
10. You will evaluate your speech along with everybody else's speech.
"Speaking in the Disciplines ." University of Pittsburg. UMC Web Team, n.d. Web. 20 Jan 2013. <http://www.studyguide.org/cm101_demo_speech.htm>.
Use your IPad to record your presentation
Make sure that you speak while you demonstrate.
There should be NO dead air time.
Practice SEVERAL times before you record.
If you need a place or help recording, set up a time with me and we can work something out.
to cook a pie - or whatever you like to cook
to tie a tie
to be a vegetarian
to fix a flat tire
to create a Halloween mask
to clean your car
to play piano
to play a computer game
to organize a surprise party
to print a digital photo
to read music notes
to play the guitar
How to deal with bullies at school.
How to stop thinking about horror movies.
How to read music
How to lay a table
How to waltz
How to make ice
How to clean shoes
How to wash a car
to eat oysters
to register for voting
What would happen if animals could talk?
What are some of the questions you would like to ask animals?
What would happen if you could fly whenever you wanted? When would you use this ability?