Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Reading and Interpreting Non-Prose Forms
Transcript of Reading and Interpreting Non-Prose Forms
Effective Strategies in reading graphs
Graphic forms or non-prose forms such as maps, tables, charts, and graphs are useful in providing information
1. Do the following to have an overview of the graphic material.
These are graphics that give information, shows comparison and contrast, present changes and development over a period of time. These pictures may summarize or supplement what have been presented in the book through prose form.
2.Read the titles and sub-titles of the graphs
3. Take a close look at the lines, the bars, and circles, the grouping of details, and the formation of symbols.
4. Examine the labels and headings of the graph foe explanations about the material.
5. Scan the page for keys, legends, and footnotes that provide meanings to symbols used by the author.
6. Make predictions about the message provided by the graph.
7. Register very well in your mind the details that support your oredictions.
8. Establish connection between the graphic materials and the prose selectionto determine how they support each other.
9. Make sure that the predictions, assumption made about the graph are strengthened or proven by the details given in the text.
Kind of Graphic Forms
Graph - a Graph uses dots and lines in showing relationships between things. It present a visual organization of materials for easy comparison. Line, bar, pictograph, pie and circle graphs are its basic types.
Which is a two-axis graph is effective in showing comparative figures and relationship.
This is a graph that uses sketches of figures to represent the concept under discussion.
This is a graph that uses points and line to represent the concept under discussion.
shows the partition of a whole into slice taht represent specific items.
That's all Thank you.