Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Florida Everglades Food Chain
Transcript of Florida Everglades Food Chain
Many different plants and animals live there
One example of a food chain
What is a food chain?
A sequence of who eats who in nature
Starts with a producer
Ends with a top predator
Is different for each habitat (desert vs. jungle)
Can be different food chains within same habitat
What is a food web?
A system of many food chains within one habitat
Chains can interlock with each other
Still starts with producers and ends with top predators (often humans)
What eats algae?
What eats tadpoles?
What eats bass?
What eats alligators?
What eats the pythons?
Pythons are not from Florida
Top of the food chain
- Humans brought the pythons over from Asia as pets
-Draining the wetlands decreases habitat and increases competition for food
- Not many people live in the Everglades, so humans are not the top of this food chain