Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
20,000 Leagues under the Sea
Transcript of 20,000 Leagues under the Sea
- Professor Arronax and Conseil join the hunt
- They, along with Ned Land find the "monster"
- It was a submarine captained by Captain Nemo
- They are treated like guests and go on many adventures
- They stumble upon a giant whirlpool and never see each other again. Background -Very compassionate
-Gives crew mates proper burial/shows genuine sadness
-Giant squid story
-Nemo has a good heart
Crew is extremely loyal. Nemo's Compassionate Side Nemo's Vengeful Side -Hates the world for murdering family
-Built Nautilus out of revenge
-Mocks ships before sinking them
-He enjoys seeming all powerful
-God punishes him for his cockiness Nemo's Ingenious Side -Money isn't everything
-Creations are amazing
-Is not power hungry just wants revenge
-Enjoys studying on his submarine. -Ned was an uneducated man who just harpoons fish for a living.
-He didn't go through school
- Teaches both Professor Arronax and Nemo. Ned: The Uneducated By Jules Verne Analyzed by Kevin Wan Thesis Thesis: Jules Verne is trying to show that no matter how powerful you are you can still learn from someone who you perceive to be lesser than you. Proffesor Arronax -Protagonist
-Is a naturalist
-Does not feel like a prisoner -"A strange twilight world opened up before me, and I felt as the first man to set foot on another planet, an intruder in this mystic garden of the deep" (pg. 142) -Characters more important.
- Actual plot isn't that interesting
not a thriller “I have a sick man on board, can you help him?” (pg. 432) “Strike, mad vessel! Shower your useless shot! And then, you will not escape the spur of the Nautilus."(pg.189). They are the assassins, the dealers in death. I am the avenger! Is murder a right reserved for that hated nation? They've already taken everything else from me. Everything but my secrets. The secret of my submarine boat and the energy that propels it, they tried! They cast me to prison and when they failed, when they failed, they tortured my wife and young son to death.” (pg.96) “God Almighty! Enough! Enough!” (p.567). -Being a professor, he believed what he read, wasn't as observant to things in front of him.
-Ned, an uneducated man, opens his eyes.
-Finally gets him to escape
-Goes to show you can truly learn something from anyone. Prefessor Aronnax: Changes Images http://www.20k.com/pages/content/production/sketches/aronnax_large.jpg http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jSIwJJQzdUU/TNxws3Tqo0I/AAAAAAAAADE/fH6xPUoJ0HM/s1600/nautilus_cannibals.png
http://orangemonk.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/image018.jpeg QUESTIONS? THANK YOU “The greatest treasures of all, Mister Land, are a sound mind and a full belly. I hope you remember that before stooping to pick up pennies.”(pg.245) To live, gentlemen, in the embrace of the sea... only here is there independence... here, I recognize no master... here, I am free.”(pg. 103) "What you fail to understand is the power of hate. It can fill the heart as surely as love can." ( pg.197) “There's a fork on your left, Mr. Land, or aren't you accustomed to utensils?”