Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Pronouns and Antecedents
Transcript of Pronouns and Antecedents
What is a pronoun?
A pronoun is a word that is used in
Ex: I, he, she, they, his, hers etc.
Directions: Identify the pronoun in the following sentences.
1. Death Valley is famous for its strange moving boulders. ___________
2. They are found in a dry lake bed called Racetrack Playa. ___________
3. The rocks slide on their own, leaving long tracks behind them. __________ ______________
4. Can you think of an explanation for this curious event? _____________
A possessive pronoun is a personal pronoun used to show
Ex: my, mine, you, yours, her, his, ours, their, its
Note: Some possessive pronouns sound like
(its/it's, your/you're, their/they're). Remember a possessive pronoun
Pronoun Antecedent Agreement
The antecedent is the
that a pronoun
with pronouns in the following ways:
1. Agreement in
: singular noun= singular pronoun Plural Noun= plural pronoun
2. Agreement in
: Louis----he, Readers-----they, Mary----she
3. Agreement in
: The gender of the pronoun must be the
as the gender of the antecedent.
Directions: Identify the pronouns and their antecedents in these sentences.
1. Agatha Christie loved real-life mysteries of the past. She helped to investigate them in the Middle East.
2. Max Mallowan was an English archaeologist. He was married to Christie for 45 years.
3. The couple went on many archaeological trips and found them exciting and a real source of inspiration.
4. Pottery pieces revealed their secrets about the powerful Assyrian civilization.
An indefinite pronoun does
refer to a
person, place, thing, or idea.
Ex: another, anybody, everybody, both, few, all, neither, nobody, some
How about one more pronoun song?