Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Effectiveness of Kamias as an Alternative Stain Remover
Transcript of Effectiveness of Kamias as an Alternative Stain Remover
- The environment since it would help people realize how much of use God's creation is to them so in response, they would treat it with utmost care. Rationale Stains are one of man's worst enemy. Unfortunately, no matter how hard we try, it appears in our clothes. The good thing is we can remove it through commercial stain removers. One bad thing about these commercialized detergents is that it contains substances which may be harmful to us and our environment. The researchers heard of the use of kamias as an alternative stain remover. It is natural, health-friendly, and affordable. They want to test the effectiveness of this fruit for the betterment of all. Significance of the Problem - The discovery of the potential of kamias extract as a stain remover will be a breakthrough and will contribute additional knowledge in the field of molecular biology.
- This research study will give way for an immediate solution and response to the problems of stains.
- Indirectly, this study will provide great knowledge to some researchers or even companies that deal in molecular biological studies to focus on the effectiveness of this plant as an effective stain remover. Statement of the Problem - Is the kamias effective as an alternative stain remover?
- Could it really remove fabric stain?
- If it can, how long does it take to do so?
- Is it harmful to us?
- What's in the kamias that makes it remove stains?
- Who will benefit this? This study focused on the effectiveness of the kamias extract as a stain remover. The researchers conducted the study using some stains and research work for one week. They use different techniques in conducting this research, which deals with molecular biology.
This study would be more comprehensive and meaningful if it covers all kinds of stains to know if kamias extract can remove a lot of stains. Review of Related Literature Kamias (Averrhoa Bilimbi)
- The bilimbi, Averrhoa bilimbi, L., (Oxalidaceae), is closely allied to the carambola but quite different in appearance, manner of fruiting, flavor and uses.
- Bilimbi juices, because of its oxalic acid content, is useful for bleaching stains from the hands and rust from white cloth, and also tarnish from brass.
- A stain is a discoloration that can be clearly distinguished from the surface, material, or medium it is found upon. Materials Cloth Kamias Stains Procedure 1) Gather the materials needed for the experiment expecially the cloth that would be used for testing.
2) Generously apply the different stains on each cloth.
3) Afterwards, squeeze the extract out of 2 kamias(the same size) on each cloth specifically where the stain is located.
4)Then wait for 10 minutes.
5) Finally, see the result. If result is not as desired, scrub the cloth. Presentation, Interpretation, And Analysis of Data •The researchers therefore conclude that Averrhoa Bilimbi L is effective as an alternative stain remover, though it still needs a little scrubbing before some stains disappear. • We could really remove the fabric stains easily. • In our experiment, it only took 5 minutes but the researchers still observed the next 5 minutes that is why they came up with the duration of 10 minutes. •Kamias has high oxalic acid content which removed the stain on fabrics. •It is not harmful to use because the researchers did not mix any chemicals to it that may result to chemical reactions and may lead to the damage of fabrics. Our product is all natural and very safe to use. • The society will benefit these because it is very useful nowadays. Documentation Betadine The soy sauce and the coffee had the fastest stain diminished time out of all. At the instant that it met with the kamias, the stain was remarkably less visible. It didn’t take 5 minutes for the stain to disappear. The rest of the stains left a mark after 10 minutes. Some, like the hot chocolate and ketchup, left a clear mark but it disappeared when the researchers scrubbed it.
The researchers have observed that the cloth can become cleaner or the stain can disappear completely if it is scrubbed like the way everyone scrubs their laundry clothes. Placing Betadine Application of Kamias Extract After 10 minutes After Scrubbing Bibliography The researchers were not able to read some books because of lack of time, yet they searched about their Investigatory Project topic on the internet and these were the websites where they studied about the topic:
•http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stain_removal Mang Tomas Putting Mang Tomas Application of Kamias Extract After 10 minutes After Scrubbing Coffee Placing Coffee Application of Kamias Extract After 10 minutes Scrubbing was no longer needed Tomato Sauce Putting Tomato Sauce Application of Kamias After 10 minutes After scrubbing Soy Sauce Put Soy Sauce Application of Kamias Extract After 10 minutes Scrubbing wasn't needed Hot Chocolate Placing hot chocolate After 10 minutes of
Applying Kamias Extract After being scrubbed
and dried The