Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Sexual vs. Asexual Reproduction
Transcript of Sexual vs. Asexual Reproduction
Genetic material is donated from two parents.
Allows for more genetic variation in the offspring.
Offspring differ from each parent and from each other. Advantages: Variation among members of the population may allow the population to survive environmental changes, because not all of them will die.
Mutations and natural selection. Facts about Asexual Reproduction Genetic material is donated from only one parent.
Offspring are identical to the parent and to each other. Advantages Population can grow rapidly when environmental conditions are favorable.
Mutation speed and adaptation.
Requires less time to produce offspring. LOOK UP THESE WORDS USING DICTIONARY APP ON YOUR DEVICE Mutations:
Sexual Reproduction Sexual vs. Asexual Reproduction Disadvantages: Requires two parents.
Requires more time to produce offspring.
Gestation and Nurture. Disadvantages Population lacks genetic diversity and may die off when environmental conditions change.