Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Secondary Learning Strategies
Transcript of Secondary Learning Strategies
Knowledge is doubling every three years
2LS in the Riverina
Secondary Learning Strategies - 2LS
What is 2LS ?
It is a professional learning process that focuses on building the capacity of all learners.
* a coherent alignment between leader, teachers and student learning
* a connection with current research findings
* the implementation of evidence-based practices
* EXPLICIT, systematic, integrated and balanced teaching and learning.
If teachers in schools can work COLLABORATIVELY and COLLECTIVELY to build students' capacity to learn in any situation, then it stands to reason that the students that leave your school gate will be equipped to be LIFE-LONG LEARNERS.
Why use 2LS...
Do your students know what to do when they don't know what to do...?
Bucket vs Muscle mindset
2LS also incorporates the Super Six
The bottom line is...
We need to be EXPLICIT about teaching strategies that help students learning, rather than just hoping they have picked up the skills along the way.
THE LEARNER HAS CHANGED...
Our students have changed, therefore OUR role has shifted because of various societal changes... SO, we can't apply the same method to a different crowd.
- Making Connections
Secondary Learning Strategies (2LS) was delivered to 180 teachers from 22 High Schools across the Riverina.
We will need 70% more food by 2060
Demand grows 15x faster than supply
25% world farmland degraded
66% farmland recovering from record drought
29% world fisheries collapsed
It is estimated that 60 years ago a high school graduate left school knowing about 75% of what they would need to know in their working life.
Today's high school graduate will leave knowing about 2% of what they need!
Growth Mindset Posters
Out with the old and in with the new...
2LS - TEACHING AND LEARNING TEAM:
Have all Teachers and Students on board and talking the same language and sharing the same goal...
...building students’ capacity to learn within and beyond the school gate...