Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops, and PCs: What's the World Com
Transcript of Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops, and PCs: What's the World Com
Total shipments of smartphones equaled 488 mill in 2011
60% increase from prior year
Tablets grew by 274%
Netbooks fell 25%
Rise in Popularity
Groups seek mobile access to the Internet
Want to enjoy social media and apps wherever they go
Small size of smartphones and tablets
Put customers before employees
Founded in 1994
Founder/ CEO: Jeff Bezos
#20 Best Global Brand in
"truth shakes out when ideas and perspectives are banged against each other"
hire and develop the best
bias for action
wide selection of items
services, ie Geek Squad
products are becoming obsolete
customer service down
poor inventory management
too many brands
Strengths and Weaknesses
anyone can become a seller on Amazon
search and advertising technology
Amazon Web Service
commercial web traffic data
sells digital audiobooks, radio, and tv programs, and audio versions
Digital and Photography Review
user-populated database of books, annotations and reviews
Internet Movie Database
provides info on films, television shows, actors and video games
Legislation against tax avoidance
Regional low cost online retailers
Own brand products and services
Increase services and products
Growing economies in Asia and Europe
Only online presence
leading online retailer
distribution chain and logistics
Benefits We Seek
Reputation of the manufacturer
Predict dramatic decrease in sales of smartphones
Smartphones are getting bigger while tablets are getting smaller
FaceTime & Skype
data-driven to focus on customers
President and CEO: Hubert Joly
computing and mobile phone products
1. What type of decision-making approaches do most consumers use when deciding between smartphones, tablets, laptops or PCs?
2. What factors influence the amount of search that most consumers will exert when buying a smartphone or a tablet?
3. What factors do consumers consider when making judgements about smartphones?
Incorporated Minnesota in 1966
2001 acquired Magnolia Hi-Fi Inc.
2003 acquired Geek Squad Inc.
2007 acquired Pacific Sales Kitchen and Bath Centers Inc.
social networking sites
other country's regulation
internet providers are advancing
faster and affordable