Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
KS1 Parents Meeting - Reading at Home
Transcript of KS1 Parents Meeting - Reading at Home
When, Where, Why?
Can you sound it out?
Is it a tricky word?
Does it look like a word you know?
Can you use the pictures or the meaning of the sentence?
Using Phonic Knowledge
READING IS NOT JUST BEING ABLE TO SAY THE WORDS ON A PAGE!
7 Areas of Reading
1. Decoding, reading fluently and with expression
2. Understand and talk about what they have read
3. Deduce and infer information ('read between the lines')
4. Identify, comment on and use different text features
5. Explain and comment on author's use of language
6. Identify different viewpoints and purposes for writing
7. Understand where and when a text is set
Home School Diaries
What Should My Child Read?
Parents As Role Models
Let your child see you reading for pleasure, and for a purpose
Read books to and with your child
Why do you think...?
What kind of book is this?