Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Strengths and Weaknesses of the Aztecs
Transcript of Strengths and Weaknesses of the Aztecs
- They had a lack of technology compared to the spanish. (ex. horses, gunpowder, iron armors)
- Lack of resistance to diseases such as smallpox that killed a lot of the Aztec population which helped Cortes gain an upper hand against the Aztecs.
- The Quetzalcoatl myth is a myth which they think that one of the Gods will eventually come to their land and visit them. This helped Cortes get closer to Moctezuma and made it easier to plan a sneak attack.
- The human sacrifices were a major weakness because they lost roughly 1/4 of there population which could have helped them against the spanish. Strengths - Well organized military. The Aztecs had an elite group warriors that allowed them to exploit the riches of their area.
- They had a bigger population than the spanish. (Roughly 5 000 000 to 11 000 000)
- They knew the land well. They hunted and also explored the land all around where they lived.
- They conquered many different cultures that they learned from in more ways than one.
- They had a strong empire economically they grew all there crops themselves and politically with there leader, Moctezuma.
- They taught there children history, math and many other helpful things. By Arian and Sabrina And Quaid Strengths and Weaknesses of the Aztecs