Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Sample Literary Terms Prezi
Transcript of Sample Literary Terms Prezi
know when you're thinking about literature. Authors
use them to:
*Create mood and tone
*Define characters and their traits
*Elevate the language of their work
Let's look at some you don't know! Anaphora Def: repeated words or phrases, especially at the beginning of phrases, for emphasis. Poetry Example: Out of the Cradle Endlessly Rocking--Walt Whitman
Out of the cradle endlessly rocking,
Out of the mocking-bird's throat, the musical shuttle,
Out of the Ninth-month midnight . . .
"We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the
landing grounds; we shall fight in the fields and in
the streets; we shall never surrender."--Winston Churchill Anaphora uses:
*make ideas memorable
*ties ideas together How to remember anaphora: Dr. Seuss!
Just think of Green Eggs and Ham . . .
I will not eat them in a box, I will not
eat them with a fox. I will not eat them here or there, I will not eat them anywhere!