Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Integrating Technology in the English Language Arts Classroom
Transcript of Integrating Technology in the English Language Arts Classroom
English Language Arts Technical Knowledge
Strategies for Improving Tech-PACK in English and Language Arts Do I have the English/language arts knowledge I need to assist my students in meeting the standards within my classroom?
Do I have the technological knowledge needed to teach the English/language arts content within my classroom?
Do I have the pedagogical knowledge needed to teach the English/language arts content within my classroom? NCTE/IRA Standards for the English Language Arts http://www.ncte.org/standards/ncte-ira Adapting for Special Needs
Reading and Writing Tools http://www.cricksoft.com/uk/products/tools/clicker
http://www.naturalreaders.com/index.html Issues and Problems in
English and Language Arts Tech-PACK
Needs and Challenges
in English and Language Arts Reading and Writing aren't the only literacies that children must be taught! Technology Integration Strategies for English and Language Arts Online Practice in matching letters and sounds.
Online Practice in matching words with meanings.
Online Tools to Engage Students in Vocabulary Learning. Teacher's Responsibilities for the "New Literacies" - Digital Literacy
- Information Literacy The Need for New Instructional Strategies New Strategies to Foster Reading and Writing Skills Strategies requiring social interaction Challenges of Working with Diverse Learners Challenges of Motivating Students to Read and Write Teacher's Growth as Literacy Professionals and Leaders QWERTY Keyboarding: To Teach or Not to Teach? The Cursive Writing Controversy Support for Word Fluency and Vocabulary Development Support for Comprehension and Literacy Development Using Digital Text to Encourage Engaged Reading.
Supported Reading with Software and Portable Assistive
Digital Storytelling. Support for Writing Instruction Strategies for preparing to write (pre-writing).
Strategies to encourage writing
Using word processing to produce written drafts
Modeling to support revising and editing written drafts
Providing feedback with grammar, spell-check, and thesaurus features
Providing feedback on student writing with editing tools
Digital publishing of student works Support for Literature Learning Accessing online copies of published works
Accessing background information on authors
Support for literacy analysis
Projecting text for analysis
Using ereaders for analysis Each of these current issues has implications for how teachers can and
should integrate technologies. These include: teachers' responsibilities for
the "new literacies"; the need for new instructional strategies; challenges
of working with diverse learners; challenges of motivating students to
read and write; teachers; growth as literacy professionals and leaders;
and whether or not to require instruction in QWERTY keyboarding and
cursive writing. 2. Technology Integration Strategies for English and
Language Arts Integration strategies offer support for word fluency and vocabulary
development, comprehension and literacy development, writing
instruction, and literature learning. 3. Tech-PACK Needs and Challenges in English and
Language Arts To integrate technologies effectively, teachers must have a
combination of English and language arts content knowledge,
pedagogical knoledge, and technological knowledge.