Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
6 Mark skill questions
Transcript of 6 Mark skill questions
2. Reference to instruments & measurements
3. How did you ensure you were accurate?
4. How and when recorded? frequency. Format for surveys 1. Place
2. Appropriate sample size
3. Types of questions
4. Recording and frequency. Format for analysis/ drawing conclusions 1. Identify patterns in the data.
2. Include a good range of statements - x4
3. Support with data.
4. Include a broad conclusion and if possible link
to your own fieldwork if possible. River questions
1. Water quality data (identification chart, ph test kit)
2.River channel changes downstream (flow meter, ruler, metre tape, clinometer, ranging poles) Identify invertebrates, indicates water quality
& levels of oxygen, use a net to catch & place
in a tray and then use identification chart. Test alkalinity /acidity, put the indicator in the solution (sample of river water) and watch the colour change then read off against colour chart. Discharge - Measure width with tape measure and depth with metre ruler and times depth by width and then by the velocity (use electronic flow meter). Take measurements at 5 sites down stream.
Measure gradient with ranging poles and clinometer. Coastal Questions
1. Beach profiles
2. Investigating people's views of coastal defences. Use a clinometer to measure the angle of the slope
at intervals marking each change in angle with
two ranging poles.
Measure the distance between the ranging poles with a tape measure.
Align your clinometer to the same point on
the two ranging poles. You can also measure the sediment
size and shape on the profile. Hazard Questions 1. Survey on Hazard management /
2. Collecting weather data Hold in the air,
Set at height above the ground
Away from obstructions
Write down the measurements in a table
Repeat over series of hours
Get the average Put on a stick or on a suitable flat surface
Convert to mm/day/hour
exposed location Economic Activities 1. Survey peoples opinions on renewable energy.
2. Data table - draw conclusions on factory locations or people's
opinion on renewable energy. Urban questions 1. Data table - draw conclusions on environmental quality data taken from different sections of the city.
2. Investigating land use across an urban area.