Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What is the role of art in a society?
Transcript of What is the role of art in a society?
Art is a form of expression and imagination. It is a method of expressing your feelings and creativity.
Birth of Venus
This creative piece would never have been accepted before the renaissance, but because the renaissance was so focused on liberty, and art, it was a huge success.
HISTORY OF ART
By: Wajeeha Ahmad
Plato believed that art does play a major role in society, however, he found art very threatening
Arts powerfully shaped people, and in order to protect citizens, and keep a society ideal, the arts must be controlled.
He insisted that it should be a part of young people's education, but only the good should be presented
On that note...
Do you agree with Plato that certain music and art should be censored from children?
Do you think arts have the ability to change and influence who we are?
- a branch of philosophy dealing with beauty, and taste, with the creation and appreciation of beauty.
Plato's Views on Art and Aesthetics
Would you agree with Plato that art and aesthetics are apart, or disagree and say that they are one?
Classmate Creative Pictures
"A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be at peace with himself. What a man can be, he must be."
-- Abraham Maslo
Do you believe that graffiti is vandalism?
Graffiti can be interpreted in many ways. Graffiti is done to convey and reveal a message to people within a society. It is believed that only a openminded and spirited individual may find the true message hidden in a graffiti
What do you know about art?
Did you know?
• Low-tempo music in stores causes shoppers to move slowly, and making them buy more. Similarly at restaurants, slow music causes people to take their time but buy more
• Classical music at a restaurant makes people buy more than pop music does or no music
• Playing music when callers are on hold makes them stay on the line longer before hanging up, and playing music that they like makes them perceive a shorter wait time
George C. Stowers
Is music favoring us, or disfavoring us?
New York City
If music really is that important to us, should we focus more than we already do on it in schools?
"Wildstyle changes with each artist's interpretation of the alphabet, but it also relies on the use of primary colors, fading, foreground and background, and the like to create these letters" - George C. Stowers
Do you think the music industry is brainwashing our values, to value appearance instead of, and more than, personality?
Do you think the recent music has changed the morals and values of today’s society?
Why is dance so fundamental to arts?
Types of Dance
Birthday - Jackson Pollock
"The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things but their inward significance." - Aristotle
King of Pop
-> an inspiration to many
-> He became successful using his creativity & intelligence
-> Follow your dreams
Do you think twerking should be considered a form of dance.... art?