Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Topaz Team Project
Transcript of Topaz Team Project
The Topaz Team
The system provides real-time information on all safe paths at a certain time for evacuating to the “nearest and safest” exit possible.
system is developed for radiation evasion in nuclear facilities.
It can also provide information on the map on the nearest hospitals once the worker exits the facility and still within range for transmission.
This is a very powerful tool that would attract the attention in the nuclear safety protection field
and maybe the base for a whole industry that would replace the
on the classical TLD and dose measuring techniques currently employed in nuclear facilities.
What makes this Project Unique
More In Depth
advantages to this project
1. Save time, effort and money, because of using smart phones that are easy to use.
2. The results of the application are accurate and readable.
3. Reduce the risks related to the nuclear technology.
4. This application will avoid the need of the central processing power so that it will save humans lives in a short amount of time.
Team Introduction and team building exercise
brainstorming and project selection
Defining Project key Components
roles and tasks distribution
many Communication channels were used
•Lack of resources:
We couldn’t get a real sensor so we just worked on a virtual environment.
Lack of user involvement.
Underestimating the time required to finish one or more tasks.
Problems with the complexity of the system.
The Team size was big (seven members) so it provided more conflicts in ideas and in meetings time.
Solution: we assigned a member to Establish and monitor communication channels.
The team members were better at working individually rather than in teams.
Also Some of the team members were new to each other so it took us more time to know them and get used to them.
team building exercise and intensive workspace meetings.
The FULL version of The software weren’t available at the CIS labs only in the industrial Eng. labs.
High cost of real life implementation.
customer may have difficulties at interacting with the application.
The use of technologies like Google docs and do.com increased collaboration and teamwork.
Cooperation with the nuclear department head.
•Good communication and Team energy.
•Early feedback from the survey.
Week 4 - 5
Contact Nuclear Engineering Department
Week 6 - 7
Distribute survey for NE Students
Define and monitor risks
refine project deliverable
validation on user acceptance
Week 9 - 10
Completing the implementation
Avoid procrastination at all cost
Time is money "Marks"
Always show a positive attitude, even if you’re feeling down
Build the team according to skills needed
Always know you are doing it before knowing to do it.