Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Introduction to AP Biology
Transcript of Introduction to AP Biology
5 Extremely well qualified
4 Well qualified
2 Possibly qualified
1 No recommendation Provides students with the opportunity to take college-level course work and exams while still in high school. AP Biology should include the topics regularly covered in a college biology course for majors. The textbooks used for AP Biology should be those used by college biology majors and the labs done by AP students must be the equivalent of those done by college students. This course is designed to be the equivalent of a college introductory biology course usually taken by biology majors during their first year. Molecules and Cells, 25% Heredity and Evolution, 25% Organisms and Populations, 50% 12 Recommended Labs 1. Diffusion and Osmosis
2. Enzyme Catalysis
3. Mitosis and Meiosis
4. Plant Pigments and Photosynthesis
5. Cell Respiration
6. Molecular Biology
7. Genetics of Organisms
8. Population Genetics and Evolution
10. Physiology of the Circulatory System
11. Animal Behavior
12. Dissolved Oxygen and Aquatic Primary Productivity Same people that produce the SAT High school, college, and university faculty Course Syllabus Online Resources Usually one essay on Molecules and Cells,
one on Heredity and Evolution,
one on Organisms and Populations,
and one based on one of the 12 Labs. http://mrsharrisapbiology.wikispaces.com/