Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Zentangles
Transcript of Copy of Zentangles
What is the Zentangle Method?
The Zentangle method is a structured way of
creatively drawing images through repetitive
patterns and shapes. A pattern is referred to as a "tangle".
It was created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts! Zen = calm
Tangle = twisted together in a confused mass
Zentangle artists use: Value, Shapes, Lines, and Simple Designs to create their beautiful tangles. Contrast is a great way to add powerful emphasis and visual interest to your design.
Flowers, Plants, & Trees
Zentangle has been known to build focus and creativity.
In the Zentangle method, patterns are also called "TANGLES".
Remember... when you tangle there are no mistakes because you are the creator.
Birds & Other Things
You Must Choose:
Plant, Flower or Tree
1. Your Style of Zentangle:
a. Traditional Zentangle
b. Name or Initials
c. Other - must have approval
2. On your drawing paper, create a contour drawing of your chosen style (traditional,animal, name, other) in PENCIL. Remember that a contour drawing is the outer and inner edges only. **If you would like to practice drawing your subject matter first, do this in your sketchbook.**
3. Using pencil, divide your subject matter into sections that will be filled with your chosen tangles. You must create at least 10 sections within your subject matter. If you chose to create a traditional zentangle, the line you draw to divide your paper is called a "string".
4. Begin adding your tangles to the sections you created in step 3 using the PEN provided. You MAY NOT REPEAT a tangle more than once. You MUST use the Tangle you created on your Tangle Worksheet. You may NOT color any section in with solid black.
THURSDAY, JANUARY 19
BY THE END OF CLASS!!
MOVEMENT IN ART
Motion or movement in an artwork occurs when objects seem to be moving in a visual image.
Movement in a visual image comes from the kinds of shapes, forms, lines, and curves that are used.
Diagonal lines tend to create the illusion of movement or motion.