Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Digital citizenship - Keynote for teachers Queenstown
Transcript of Digital citizenship - Keynote for teachers Queenstown
But, what would have happened if Justin had a tainted and dubious presence online? Who would even know about Justin Beiber now if he had posted images of himself in compromising positions or left a trail of undesirable messages?
These terms refer to "what people do online when no one else is looking” and is much broader than cyber safety.
Mentoring students to become digital citizens includes addressing issues of respect and identity, access and Internet safety. It starts with you.
Confident, Connected, Collaborative learners
Vision, strategic intent, protocols to model and demonstrate Digital citizenship
1. Vision and values, culture of readiness
2. Infrastructure – safe and secure systems
3. Safe and responsible use policies
• Rules of engagement
• Acceptable use agreements (Internet, Mobile)
Follow lesson plans on the VLN: Digital Citizenship group
New Zealand's collaborative Digital citizenship project in Google sites
Protect yourself and others
Respecting yourself and others
Respect yourself and others
Respect and protect property
2008 research shows:
Sutble, put down, dig or sarcasm, diminishing social status, relationships
Intentional act of harm, physical, visible, trackable, frequent, obvious
Direct harassment on Mobile
Rumors spread on Internet
Threats of physical harm mobile 32% online 20%
Threatening property and people they care for
Abusive images, videos in order to harass
Videoing harassing of behaviours, very low incidents,
School community gangs, ex boyfriend, girlfriend, Anonymous 27% 38%
Teacher's Council videos on being safe online