Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Crust, Mantle, Outer Core, and Inner Core
Transcript of Crust, Mantle, Outer Core, and Inner Core
Learn Earth's layers
- The Earths crust is the outermost layer of our planet and is less than 1% of the Earth's volume.
- The thickness of Earth's crust is 5-100 km thick
- Also, Earth's state of matter is a solid.
- The composition of Earth's crust is mostly igneous rock.
- A layer in the interior of Earth.
-The thickness of Earth's mantle is 2,900 km thick.
- The mantle's state of matter is Solid.
-The composition of Earth's mantle is molten/solid rock (magma).
- The Outer Core is the second to last layer of the Earth. It is a magma like liquid layer that surrounds the Inner Core and creates Earth's magnetic field.
- It's thickness is 1,230 km thick.
- It's composition is Iron and Liquid.
- Earth's inner core is Earth's innermost part and is a primarily solid ball with a radius of about 1,220 km (760 mi)
- It's composition is also made of Iron and Nickel.
- It's state of matter is Solid.