Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Temperate Forest
Take A Trip To Our Biome!
- We have all the seasons included; Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter.
-Animals may include: The American Bald Eagle, Coyotes, White Tailed Deer, Bumble Bees, Yellow Jackets, Black Bears, Baby Red Pandas, Raccoons, Chipmunks, Opossums, etc.
By: Natalia Hernandez & Emmanuel Macias(:
- Winter temperatures are fairly cool with an average temp. of a little below freezing starting until December.
- Most Temperate Forests have mild Summers about 70'F at the beginning of early June.
- The ocean and the wind are 2 major factors why the temperature changes so much in this climate.
- Plants in Temperate Forests have special adaptations to stay alive, like being able to have special types of leaves to collect just enough water from being able to grow.
- Plants may include: Carpet Moss, Lady Fern, Pecans, White Oak, Guelder Rose, White Birch.
- Animal Life in the Temperate Forest are adapted to this biome because of hunting and being able to find food. Also protecting themselves from predators.
What Do You Do While
Interactions In The Ecosystem
Is This Organism Really That Dangerous?
Area with small stands of corn and vegetable fields, and with water close by.
Anything for it to be able to eat; Grasshoppers, grapes, worms, beetles, walnuts, cherries, mice, bird eggs, small snakes, acorns, berries, garden vegetables.
Predator/ Prey Relation.
Areas with lots of plants and trees for food and a home.
This owl will mostly eat anything that is his bite size; Shrews, frogs, small birds, mice.
Predator/ Prey Relationship.
You might be thinking, "Well what can I do while being here?" But don't worry because we got you covered.
- Deciduous forest trees have branches that are lower to the ground and are strong enough to support the weight of a human. For these reasons, tree-climbing is a great activity in a deciduous forest. Just be careful not to fall!
- The temperature between night and day, don't really change so it's possible to be comfortable during the day and stay warm at night.
- Imagine sitting in front of a body of water that stretches as far as the human eye can see. This is possible in the Temperate Deciduous Forest. So come out and splash into the salty, ocean water and relax by the beach as much as you want!
The amount of sunlight that is exposed to the Oak Tree helps it grow which can also help provide a home for the Beetle. From there the Frog eats the beetle, which is the Secondary Consumer, then moves up the food chain to the Tertiary Consumer; Bear.
Habitat characteristics and color tones are important in determining the color type of rabbits found in the location.
In warm seasons: Strawberries, clover, plantain, garden vegetables. Cold Seasons: twigs, bark, buds of oak, dogwood, sumac, maple and birch.
An area where he's free and in the wild and somewhere where theres lots to eat from.
He will eat almost anything that moves and is small enough to swallow. Centipedes, worms, spiders, slugs, maggots, flies, termites and snails.
Predator/ Prey Relationship.
A biotic & abiotic community characterized by plant and animals and maintained under contol with climate.
The number of individuals (species) in a given area.
Any living entity.
An interacting group of various species in a common location.
A system that includes all living organisms (biotic factors) as well as nonliving (abiotic factors) functioning together.
You expected a bigger and stronger animal? That's where you're wrong! Mosquitoes can be just as harmful as any other dangerous animal. Mosquito Bites can do more than just give you itchy, red, bumps on your skin but also carry some harmful diseases such as Malaria or other deadly infections. We all know that if we come across this insect, our first instinct is to kill it but there are other preventions too. Bug Stray is a useful resource to those that don't like getting Mosquito Bites.