Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Phylogeny and Taxonomy
Transcript of Phylogeny and Taxonomy
The genus and the species name. Castor Candensis This part is called the genus.
It can be used alone when talking about a specie.
Similar species have the same genus This part is called the species.
It can never be used alone. Advantages: Indicates similarities in anatomy, embryology and evolutionary ancestry. Levels of Classification In our system there are seven main taxa used to classify organisms. The Kingdoms within the Kingdom Animalia Plantae Protista The more commonalities the closer the species are related. Monera Archeabacteria Taxonomic Systems Eubacteria Fungi Conducted research and found: Archeabacteria distinct from bacteria and other monerans.
Phylogenetic:A branch in science based on evolutionary development or history Phylogenetic Trees Used:
>In making predictions
>To understand the evolution of organism
>Learn about order of evolution
>Learn about the evolution of diversity