Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
"Erosion" by E.J. Pratt
Transcript of "Erosion" by E.J. Pratt
It took the sea a thousand years,
A thousand years to trace
The granite features of this cliff,
In crag and scarp and base.
It took the sea an hour one night,
An hour of storm to place
The sculpture of these granite seams
Upon a woman's face. 1.) Why does the poet choose to compare a woman’s face to a cold and rocky cliff?
2.) What is the rhyme scheme of this poem?
3.) Why do you think that E.J. Pratt, a native Newfoundlander, would choose to write a poem about the power of the sea? (Be sure to support your answer with reasoning.)