Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Land of Stories the Wishing Spell
Transcript of The Land of Stories the Wishing Spell
* The Twins' Grandma
* The Evil Queen
* Snow White
* Sleeping Beauty
* Prince Charming (Three Brothers married to Snow White, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty)
* The Evil Queen's Huntsman
* The Huntsman's Daughter Exposition Setting: The Twin's house, school, and in their story book. The story takes place about a year after their father died. Characters: Alex & Conner Bailey, their mother. their grandmother, Cinderella, Snow White, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty, Little Red Riding Hood, Goldilocks, and many other characters from their book. Plot Alex and Conner Bailey are twin 12-year-old kids who live with their widowed mother. Their father died a few days before they turned 11 in a car accident on his way home from work. They don’t get to see their mother a lot because she is often working. A year after their father’s death, when the story takes place, their mother is still trying to pay off all the money she owes for the funeral plus the other expenses. They used to live in a nice house but eventually their mother realized they could no longer afford it so they were forced to sell the house and move into a much smaller one. They also had to sell the book store that their father had owned because they couldn’t afford to keep it. And the twins are still having trouble wrapping their head around everything. They used to be really close to their father and they used to go over to their grandma’s house all the time. While they were there their grandma and dad would read/tell them stories out of their grandma’s story book. Now that their father is gone Alex and Conner don’t really get to see their grandmother either because she is constantly traveling.To Alex and Conner it feels live their lives are just falling apart. However, all of that changes on the day of their 12th birthday. They know their mother has to work that evening so their walk home is very quiet and kind of sad. But, to their surprise, when they reach their house their grandma is standing outside waiting for them. She tells them that she is spending the day with them while their mom is at work. Theme There are many themes that can be found in this book but the most important one is don't take what you have for granted. I liked the book a lot and would recommend it to anyone who like fantasy/fairy tale books or anyone who likes books that are funny. She cooks them a huge dinner and gives them presents. The twins tell her how much they miss having her around and she comes up with an idea of how to make the kids feel like her, and their father, were always with them. She gives the twins her storybook and they reluctantly take it. After only a few days of having the book act strangely. She begins to act like her brother and goes as far as to doze of in class! After a lot of persuasion Alex tells her brother what’s wrong. She tells him that the book is humming and glowing. And that’s not even the worst of it! She tells him about the hundreds of pencils and book that had disappeared when she dropped them into the Land of Stories. At first Conner doesn’t believe her but when he’s sees with his own eyes a bird fly out of the book he realizes his sister hadn’t gone crazy like he’d thought. Conner practically begs his sister to give the book back to their grandmother or throw it away or something but is not successful. After about a week of having the book the incessant wondering and marveling over the book and endless nagging from her brother to get rid of it gets to Alex and she decided there’s only one thing to do. When Conner is made to stay for detention after school and his sister walks home alone with the book he realizes what the one thing was. She was planning on going into the book! He rushes home and runs into her room telling her to stop but his bursting into her room startled her and she fell forward into the book. Conner in return went in after her and when they landed in the middle of a road they realized that they weren’t in their world and more. They were in another dimension. They quickly me up with Froggy who was the victim a spell from a witch because he was very vein when he was a human. The twins eventually tell him where they are from and he says there’s only one way to get back. The wishing spell. He gives them a journal of a man who fell in love with a girl from their world and tried to accomplish the wishing spell so he could be with her again,. He wrote down what items they needed to find in riddles. So the twins set off to try to get back home. The only problem was the Evil Queen (Snow White’s step-mother) was after the items too so she could be queen again.