Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Dystopia
What is a Dystopian Society?
~ an undesirable society because;
- totalitarian government
~ can't make it desirable
How is a Dystopian society created?
~ a society that is frightening or undesirable
~ build morals, ethics and re-socialize people
- hold festivals and rituals
- thou shall not kill (chrysalids, hunger games etc)
~ Remove fear
~ rebel against the government
- inside man - fight in mass
- have a face - shown in many books
How to dissolve a Dystopian Society
~ dehumanization, natural disaster, totalitarian governments and a decline in society
Freedom of Speech
large event occurs that could be a
a large gap between the high class and low class.
prenatally change kids lives
augmentation of the world,
large event causes the uprising of a
dictatorship, bureaucratic or totalitarian government.
Power and Influence
What are S me Present-Day r Hist rical Examples f Dystopia
Present-Day Real Life Examples
Sochi 2014 Olympics
Dystopia in the Future?
Growing power of corporations
Influence of pop culture
Prevalence of Terrorism
Developed nations interfering with other nation's internal affairs
Historical Real Life Examples of Dystopia
war, critical overpopulation
Nineteen Eighty Four (1984)
V for Vendetta
Brave New World
By: David, Karan, Mathuran, Simon
What Do They All Have
Lead By One Party
Lack of Freedom
Thank you for listening to our presentation.