Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Leprosy
Leprosy is a disease that has been known since biblical times. It causes skin sores, nerve damage, and muscle weakness that gets worse over time, and is caused by a bacteria called Mycobacterium leprae.
Leprosy had been recognized in the oldest civilizations of China, Egypt, and India. It was thought to have been a hereditary disease and a curse from the gods. In 1921, the U.S. Public Health Service established the nation’s first leprosarium, a hospital specialized for those with leprosy.
In 1941, the discovery of Promin, was proven to successfully cure leprosy, but this treatment also involved painful injections
The symptoms of leprosy are skin lesions that are lighter than your normal skin color, muscle weakness, and numbness is the hands, legs, feet, or arms.
This shows a person suffering from this disease
Unless victim already had a disability before they should sustain a normal life. The side effects to the treatment are red urine, and swollen hands or feet