Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Choosing a settlement site
Transcript of Choosing a settlement site
What are the main advantages of this place?
2) Where would you least like to place your settlement?
What is the main disadvantage of this place? Choosing a Settlement Site We Are Learning To: make informed decisions about where to build a settlement Rank the following in order of which you think would be most important when choosing your settlement site:
A. Water supply - this needs to be fresh, clean and reliable
B. Building material - either stone or wood
C. Food supply - farmland and fishing grounds were important
D. Land for building - needs to be solid and unlikely to flood; best on low and flat land which is not marshy
E. Fuel supply - e.g. peat, wood or coal
F. Defensive site - a place that is difficult to attack because it is e.g. on top of a steep-sided hill. Extension task: Try and think of some synonyms to use in your answers instead of the words 'has' or 'have'
e.g. I would most like to settle in site... because it provides... The perfect settlement site? The perfect settlement site?