Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Choosing a settlement site
Transcript of Choosing a settlement site
What are the main advantages of this place?
2) Where would you least like to place your settlement?
What is the main disadvantage of this place? Choosing a Settlement Site We Are Learning To: make informed decisions about where to build a settlement Rank the following in order of which you think would be most important when choosing your settlement site:
A. Water supply - this needs to be fresh, clean and reliable
B. Building material - either stone or wood
C. Food supply - farmland and fishing grounds were important
D. Land for building - needs to be solid and unlikely to flood; best on low and flat land which is not marshy
E. Fuel supply - e.g. peat, wood or coal
F. Defensive site - a place that is difficult to attack because it is e.g. on top of a steep-sided hill. Extension task: Try and think of some synonyms to use in your answers instead of the words 'has' or 'have'
e.g. I would most like to settle in site... because it provides... The perfect settlement site? The perfect settlement site?