Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Richard Wright by Breanna Jaffe
Transcript of Richard Wright by Breanna Jaffe
He was born on September 4, 1908.
Place of Birth
He was born in Roxie, Mississippi.
Wright's mother was a sharecropper, and his father left when he was only five.
Wright managed to get a ninth grade education, but he was a voracious reader and showed early on he had a gift with words.
The more he read about the world, the more he longed to see it. “I want to my life to count for something.”
In 1927, he left the South and moved to Chicago, where he worked at a post office and also swept streets.
. He published his first short story at the age of sixteen. He’s well known for the 1940 bestseller Native Son and his 1945 autobiography Black Boy.