Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Urbanization of Guam & San Diego
Transcript of Urbanization of Guam & San Diego
rate of urbanization: 1.3% annual rate of change
- 2009 estimate 178,000 (181st)
- 2000 census 154,805
- Density 320/km2 (37th)
830/sq mi Population (July 1, 2009)
- City 1,306,300 (8th In US)
- Density 4,174.8/sq mi (1,611.9/km2)
- Urban 2,880,000
- Metro 3,053,793 this is San Diego Life near the border can be an exciting blend of cultures, ideas and opportunities, but along with it comes distinct health needs and language access issues. At The Endowment’s San Diego regional office, staff works within a geographic region that stretches from northern Orange County to the United States/Mexico border, and from the Pacific Ocean to the California/Arizona border.
This diverse geography provides an ideal setting for some of the state’s leading tourism and agricultural industries, which are supported in part by a large service and migrant worker base. Many of these workers have their health needs addressed both in Mexico and the United States. And throughout the region, we find communities that include some of the most underserved, low-income neighborhoods within the state. To address issues such as these, The Endowment works with partners such as funders’ collaboratives, which build health programs and other resources in southeast San Diego, legal aid societies that provide ombudsman services for health coverage, or agencies that are striving to increase enrollment in public health programs via a unique partnership with the Mexican Consulate. "America's Finest State" Guam is in the western Pacific Ocean and is an organized, unincorporated
territory of the United States. It is one of five U.S. territories with an
established civilian government. The island's capital is Hagåtña Guam is the largest
and southernmost of the Mariana Islands.The Chamorros, Guam's indigenous people,
first populated the island approximately 4,000 years ago. Today, Guam's economy is
supported by its principal industry, tourism, which is composed primarily of visitors
from Japan. Guam's second-largest source of income is the United States military. "Where America's Day Begins" & San Diego Guam San Diego