Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Elijah the Prophet
Transcript of Elijah the Prophet
I Kings & II Kings
Final Mention: 2nd Chronicles
Christian end of Elijah in Malachi
Who Was He?
When Did He Live?
Known as the Tishbite
Middle of the 9th Century BCE
Where was he from?
Elijah vs Baal
1 Kings 18:17-40
Elijah vs Ahab
1 Kings 16:31
Elijah vs Jezebel
1 Kings 19:2
Elijah's spoke out against the worship of Baal and Ashtoreth.
Where did he travel?
Elijah The Prophet
Miracles & Highlights
I Kings 19: 11-12
II Kings 2:13-14
11.And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord. And, behold, the Lord passes by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rock before the Lord; but in Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake:
12. And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.
13. He took up also the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and went back, and stood by the bank of Jordan;
14. And he took the mantle f Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the Lord God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over.
Widow of Zarephath
Challenge to Baal
Vineyard of Naboth
2nd Chronicles 21
Name means "my God is Yahweh"
Similarity to Moses
He was known as a "man of God"
He ate food given to him by ravens
Stuck it to the man
26. And they took the bullock which was given them, and they dressed it, and called on the name of Baal from morning even until noon, saying, O Ball, hear us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered. And they leaped upon the alter which was made.
27. And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he was talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked.
The story of Elijah, and how he went through the storm, earthquake, and fire and then at the end heard a still small voice, the voice of God. We endure the modern storms that attempt to distract us and we find the best guidance when we're quiet and listen for that still small voice.
His miracles show us that we should always know that we will be given everything we need to live a strong and long life, and to always listen to God and not human will.
Brought him to Elisha, the King of Israel, and the King of Syria