Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
GAIN premix facility
Transcript of GAIN premix facility
- Key premix supplier for major aid agencies such as
- Established global supply base of
19 certified premix blenders, 6 MNP producers
vitamins and minerals manufacturers.
- More than US$ 64m worth of premix and straight micronutrients delivered in
- Approximately reach
120 million beneficiaries
every year, with affordable premix of certified quality.
GAIN Premix Facility (GPF):
Simplifying premix procurement from every angle.
The model and the partners
with a buffer fund
The process is simple and efficient:
customers simply place an order, triggering a competitive bidding process amongst the approved suppliers.
Ensuring premix quality
The GPF has a multi-pronged approach to ensuring the quality of premix:
- Upfront Supplier Audits and Certification
- Independent Analysis of Premix
- Technical Investigation on Quality Issues.
- Consistent quality
- Competitive costs
- Assisted financing
- Short lead-time through local distributors
The need for innovation
The GAIN Premix Facility (GPF) was implemented to make premix procurement more effective for organizations fortifying food.
3 main challenges
Quality of premix
varied due to inconsistent approach and standards
drove different price and service outcomes depending on the buyer and supplier
are a high proportion of ongoing fortification costs and some projects struggle to finance purchases upfront.