Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
GAIN premix facility
Transcript of GAIN premix facility
- Key premix supplier for major aid agencies such as
- Established global supply base of
20 certified premix blenders, 8 MNP producers
vitamins and minerals manufacturers.
- More than US$ 68m worth of premix and straight micronutrients delivered in
- Approximately reach
120 million beneficiaries
every year, with affordable premix of certified quality.
GAIN Premix Facility (GPF):
Simplifying premix procurement from every angle.
The model and the partners
with a buffer fund
The process is simple and efficient:
customers simply place an order, triggering a competitive bidding process amongst the approved suppliers.
Ensuring premix quality
The GPF has a multi-pronged approach to ensuring the quality of premix:
- Upfront Supplier Audits and Certification
- Independent Analysis of Premix
- Technical Investigation on Quality Issues.
- Consistent quality
- Competitive costs
- Assisted financing
- Short lead-time through local distributors
The need for innovation
The GAIN Premix Facility (GPF) was implemented to make premix procurement more effective for organizations fortifying food.
3 main challenges
Quality of premix
varied due to inconsistent approach and standards
drove different price and service outcomes depending on the buyer and supplier
are a high proportion of ongoing fortification costs and some projects struggle to finance purchases upfront.