Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Biomass
Biomass can also be an organic matter used as a fuel. Biomass How it's made: It's the breaking down of anything that was once living. Is it renewable? Yes, it is renewable because there will always be more trees and garbage. Sugar cane is also renewable and so is wood and corn cobs. Wood shaving, manure, and fruit pits are three other objects that are renewable. How does it effect the environment?
Biomass can pollute the air when it is burned.
When you grow plants for biomass fuels, you can reduce some green house gases. Period 4 Science Wood: We use wood to heat homes and fuel factories.
Garbage: Burned garbage generates steam and electricity.
Methane: It is an ingredient for natural gas. When burned, it generates heat and energy.
Ethanol: It is used to ferment crops, make alcoholic drinks, and to make gas. Types of biomass:
wood, garbage, manure, corn cobs,
bacterial decay, landfill gas.