Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Musical Instruments
Percussion String Family Earliest known: lyre, early form of guitar
Strings produce sound
plucked or rubbed by bow
The sound is determined by length of the strings Woodwind family Earliest known is the flute/recorder
used to be made from wood (hence the name woodwinds)
Now made with metals and plastics, some are still made from wood
Brass family Earliest know: bugle, early form of trumpet
brass is so name because they used to be made from brass, then other metals such as copper, gold, and silver Percussion family The first type of percussion was anything that could be hit and produce sound (hollow bottles, walls, trash cans, etc.
You may think of early percussion instruments during war as they were used for soldiers to march to the beat of drums. M.3.4.1
Identify musical instruments by sight. The end :) 4 Main Families