Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of New Technology
The first compass was made in 206 B.C but was later redesigned in the 1400's. It was used to help direct sailors on their voyages.
A tool that was designed to help sailors know their latitude at sea. Sailors would use the astrolabe to measure how far the north star was above the horizon.
New Ship Designs
Triangular sails and bigger hulls made voyages faster and safer for sailors.
The caravel was a new ship design brought into existence in the 15th - 17th century. It was a small but highly maneuverable ship that many sailors favored for voyages.
The traverse board was an early version of a computer. It helped sailors record the speed of their ship and the direction it was sailing in.
By: Somtochi Alozie