Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Building a Fun Side Project
Transcript of Building a Fun Side Project
Senior Software Engineer
What To Learn?
- Frontend Technologies:
- CSS / Animations
- Make JS plugins / animations / ?
- Try new libraries
- Backend Technologies: PHP, Python, Ruby
- A LOT of choices...
Creating A Side Project
- Don't overwhelm yourself
& Pick a fun topic!
- 3rd-party API
- JS Templates
- Pants & Weather...
Final Side Project
CSS-only animations +
Easy & Free Weather API +
Mustache JS templates + Pants =
Should I Wear Pants?
Why Create a Side Project?
- Learn a new technology
- Build up your portfolio
- Experiment with ideas
Build a fun side project
- Reading challenges (goodreads)
- Code challenges (codewars)
- Github : documentation & discovery (github.com/explore)
- Meetups (tech & otherwise)