Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of The Southeast
Natural resources in the southeast include tomatoes, rice, oranges, sugarcane, Grapefruit, Tobacco (Sadly), peanuts, coal, peaches, and cotton.
Natural resources of
1. Johnny Cash is from Kingsland, Arkanas and is famous for singing.
2. James Dicky is a poet and he is from Alanta, Georiga.
3.Abraham Lincoln was the 16th president of the U.S. and he was born in Hodgenville, Kentucky
4. Muhammed Ali was a professional boxer and he was born in Louisville, Kentucky.
5. Elvis Presley is a singer and he was born inTupelo, Mississippi.
Five Famous People
1) Alabama has the most church attendance in the US
2) Alabama has the highest stroke rate in the US
3) Florida has the most affordable in-state tuition
4) Florida conducts the most identity theft in the entire United states
5) Tennessee has the best immunization in the US
6) Tennesse also has the most corruption in the US
7) Mississippi has the highest obesity rate in the world
8) Georgia is the most sickly state
Capitals and Populations of the Southeast States
State: Capital: Population:
Arkasas Little Rock 2.949
Louisiana Baton Rouge 4.602
Mississippi Jackson 2.985
Alabama Montgomery 4.822
Georgia Atlanta 9.92
Florida Tallahassee 19.32
South Carolina Columbia 4.724
North Carolina Raleigh 9.752
Virginia Richmond 8.186
West Virginia Charleston 1.855
Kentucky Frankfort 4.38
Tennessee Nashville 6.456
South Carolina - Dunes Village Resort
With an indoor water park!
North Carolina – Cape Hatteras
Virginia- The Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center
hosts over 800,000 gallons of aquariums and live animal habitats
West Virginia- Cheat Lake (Lake Lynn)
Kentucky- Thomas Edison House
Full of history
Theme and Water Park
Starbucks Coffee roasts all of its coffee beans in Columbia, the capital of South Carolina.
Hundreds of passenger airplanes are built each year just north of Charleston, South Carolina.
General Electric builds many water heaters and refrigerators in Louisville, Kentucky.
The South-East recycles the most manufactured goods of any U.S. region.
Manufactured goods of the South-East
The climate of the SouthEast is hot humid with mild winters. In winter the most common form of precipitation is rain exept for the higher elevattions. It is very hot and humid during the summers. There is also thunder storms. There is also a lot of hurricanes and tsunamis in the SouthEast.
1. The Civil War. Majority of the battles where in this southeast region including battle Fort Sumter.
2.Declertion of Independce was written in 1776.
3.The Emancipation Proclamation was issued in southeast.
4. The Thirteenth ammendment was written in southeast.
5. The French Made colonies in Florida in 1565.
Landforms of the U.S.
The Inland Plains are ideal for farming tobacco.
The Ouacita Mountains are known for its timber, mining, and hot springs.
The Appalatian Mountains pass through the North-East and South-East regions.
At 825 feet tall and more than 5 miles in circumference, Stone Mountain is the largest block of granite in the world.
Arkansas- Crater of Diamonds State Park
only diamond producing site in the world
Louisiana- Louisiana State Capitol
tallest capitol building in the US
Mississippi- Elvis Presley Birthplace
Museum dedicated to Elvis
Alabama- US Space and Rocket Center
most comprehensive museum in the world
Georgia- Centennial Olympic Park
built to celebrate the Olympics visit to Georgia
Florida- Discovery Cove
Voted #1 amusement park of the world 2 times in a row
Fun (and sad) facts
When each State became a State
Arkansas- June 15, 1836
Louisiana- April 30, 1812
Mississippi- December 10, 1817
Alabama- December 14, 1819
Georgia- January 2, 1788.
Florida- March 3, 1845
South Carolina- May 23, 1788.
North Carolina- November 21, 1789.
Virginia- June 25, 1788
West Virginia- June 20, 1863
Kentucky- June 1, 1792
Tennessee- June 1, 1796
The Florida Coast
Atlanta Coke Factory
Cheat Lake, West Virginia