Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Don't You Think It's Time to Start Thinking?
Transcript of Don't You Think It's Time to Start Thinking?
Teachers play a role in changing the views
Thinking is viewed as a learning skill
Thinking is something that must be practiced and molded like any other skill
Recognized as one of Canada's most distinguished scholars
Got his MA from Oxford University
He became a teacher at the University of Toronto in 1939
Two interest of Frye were literacy criticism and school curriculum
Frye argues that students have not been taught the skill of good thinking
Frye believes that good thinking involves a person being able to put together just the right words to articulate ideas
Frye tries to prove the crisis of the of loss thinking within society through his essay.
His thesis is that "there are differences in levels of reading and writing as there are in mathematics between short division and integral calculus."
Fryer Believes being articulate shows intelligence
People resort to slang to fit into social norms
By : Justine Mounsey