Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Fraction Line Plot
Transcript of Fraction Line Plot
What is a line plot?
Fractions on a Line Plot
By: Four Fabulous Divas
A line plot is a graph that shows data using Xs above a number. The Xs shows the number of times the value occurs in the data set.
5th Grade Math Course of Study Standard
1/1 one whole
19.) Make a line plot to display a data set of measurements in fractions of a unit (1/2, 1/4, 1/8). Use operations on fractions for this grade to solve problems involving information presented in line plots. [5-MD2]
One Whole split into 1/8th pieces
4th Grade Math Course of Study Standard
This is 1/2 left and 1/2 already consumed.
22.) Make a line plot to display a data set of measurements in fractions of a unit (1/2, 1/4, 1/8). Solve problems involving addition and subtraction of fractions by using information presented in line plots. [4-MD4]
The black line shows 1/4th of a pizza.
Let's take a look at this number line.
*What are the equivalent fractions represented on the number line?
*What patterns do you notice on this number line?
*Are there other equivalent fractions that can be made?