Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Transformational Leadership
Inspirational Motivation (IM) - Transformational leaders have the ability to inspire and motivate followers. Combined these first two I's are what constitute the transformational leader's charisma
Individualized Consideration (IC) - Transformational leaders demonstrate genuine concern for the needs and feelings of followers. This personal attention to each follower is a key element in bringing out their very best efforts.
Intellectual Stimulation (IS) - the leader challenges followers to be innovative and creative. A common misunderstanding is that transformational leaders are "soft," but the truth is that they constantly challenge followers to higher levels of performance. The 4 Components to Transformational Leadership Pros Go to Google and type in: -They also use charisma and similar qualities to ensure positive environments and shift people and organizational systems into a higher performance objective Sources Cherry, Kendra. "About.com Psycology ." Transformational Leadership. N.p.. Web. 10 Jan 2013. <http://psychology.about.com/od/leadership/a/transformational.htm>.
Dienhart, John. Ethical Leadership. Print. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60O2OH7mHys.January 2013
Morrison, Mike. "Rapidbi." Eight traits of successful transformational leaders. N.p.. Web. 10 Jan 2013. <http://rapidbi.com/eight-traits-of-transformational-leaders/>.
Riggio, Ronald E. "Psycology Today." Cutting-Edge Leadership. N.p.. Web. 10 Jan 2013. <http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/cutting-edge-leadership/200903/are-you-transformational-leader>.
Travis, Eryn. "The Disadvantages of Transformational Leadership." eHow. N.p.. Web. 11 Jan 2013. <http://www.ehow.co.uk/info_7749368_disadvantages-transformational-leadership.html>.
Zellman, Malinda. "The Advantages of Transformational Leadership Style." Chron. N.p.. Web. 11 Jan 2013. <http://smallbusiness.chron.com/advantages-transformational-leadership-style-18809.html>. (Dienhart, 351) -Transformational leaders are generally energetic, enthusiastic, passionate, and inspire change in their followers (Cherry) Sometimes referred to as the 4 I's (Riggio) 1. Identify themselves as change agents
2. Take responsibility for change
3. Courageous risk takers
4. Believe in, and trust people
5. Have clear values, and are value-driven
6. Are lifelong learners
7. Can deal with complexity, and uncertainty
8. Are visionaries, and share their vision Traits (Morrison) Cons -Corporate learning -Lower employee and customer turnover costs -New Initiatives -Exceptional people skill -Assumes follower motivation -Time consuming -Depends on the individual -Lacks application details (Zellman) (Travis) Transformational leadership quiz then click on the 4th one down. Follow the instructions listed above the small quiz and at the end click "calculate my total" Scroll down slightly more then to find out exactly how good your leadership skills are! What a Transformational Leader is...... What a Transformational Leader isn't.....