Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Cia Carr
It lasted from 1918 to 1919
infected about 500million people worldwide
More people died from the illness than those who died from the Black Plague
It Started in the US, Asia, and Europe before spreading worldwide
India's mortality rate increased to 50 deaths per 1,000 people
WHAT was Influenza?
2.64 million more deaths occurred in Europe during the time of the pandemic
influenza and pneumonia infected 20% to 40% of the U.S. Army and Navy
the U.S. Army lost 8,743,102 days to influenza
the Medical Department increased its number of hospital beds from 9,500 to 120,000 in the United States
over 25% of the United States was sick
about 675,000 Americans died
decreased the average life span in the US by 10 years
Influenza was a sickness that affected more than a third of the world population from 1918 to 1919
WHERE was Influenza?
HOW did it affected the world?
HOW did it affect the U.S.?
Cia Carr 8A