Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
6. CM2# Tactics: Social media marketing
Transcript of 6. CM2# Tactics: Social media marketing
Stage 2. Defining the performance metrics framework
Performance measurement framework should:
Assess which strategic goals are achieved
Assess to what extent digital marketing contributes to the business
Assess effectiveness of digital marketing tactics and implementation
Assess the impact of digital marketing on the satisfaction, loyalty and contribution of stakeholders
Enable comparison of performance of direct digital channels with other channels
Assess digital marketing performance against competitors’
Stage 3. Tools and techniques for collecting metrics and summarising results
Site activity data
- information on content and services assessed by e-commerce data (e.g. hit-click, page impressions, unique visitors, page per visit, vsits per visitor .
Design for analysis
- measures designed to better understand the audience of a site and their decision points. (e.g. breaking up a long page to see which parts are of interest for consumers, grouping content by audience type, measure attrition at different points in a consumer journey)
– testing of two different versions of the page or a page element such as heading, image or button for effectiveness
- advanced form of AB testing, it enables simultaneous testing of pages for different combinations of page elements that are being tested
– detail analysis of visitor behaviour in order to identify improvements to the site.
How to select web analytics tool???
Integration with other data sources
Marketing research using the Internet
Internet-based market research
– the use of online questionnaires and focus groups to assess consumer perceptions of a website etc.
Website feedback tools
Site user satisfaction surveys
Single page feedback tool
Other: focus groups, mystery shopping, online survey tools
From Web 1.0 to Web 2.0
Social media are online means of communication, conveyance, collaboration and cultivation among interconnected and interdependent networks of people, communities and organisations enhanced by technological capabilities and mobility
Why social media?
It took radio 38 years to reach 50 million listeners, TV took 13 years to reach 50 million users, the Internet needed 4 years to reach 50 million users.
There is 3.175 billion active Internet users;
2.206 billion of which are active users of social media
has over 1.2 billion active users (over 1 billion of those users are mobile users); 6 new Facebook profiles are created every second; Facebook users share over 4 billion pieces of content every day
usage if from mobile devices; 500 million tweets are sent every day
users upload more tan 100 hours of video every minute.
users are 68% female and 32% male
+ attracts 925.000 users every day
users are 35 or older
Social Media activates
Connect with people/ consumers/ companies
Post a status update
Create groups/ communities
Carry out synchronous/ asynchronous communication
Make/ share infographics/ video content
Write/ read review
Buy/ sell products
Social media enable active participation in the form of
communicating, creating, joining, collaborating, working, sharing, socializing, playing, buying and selling , and learning
within interactive and interdependent networks
Social Media zones
Zone 1. Social Community
Focus on relationships
Feature two-way and multi-way communication
Social networking sites
(online hosts that enable users to construct and maintain
and identify other users)
(online platforms which enable discussion among users)
(collaborative online workplaces that enable users to contribute to the creation of a useful and shared resource)
Zone 2. Social Publishing
Aid in the dissemination of content to the audience.
(websites that host regularly updated content)
Microsharing sites/ Microblogging sites
(sites that host small regularly updated content)
Media sharing sites
(sites that host visual content)
Zone 3. Social Entertainment
Offer opportunities for play and enjoyment
Alternative reality games
Zone 4. Social Commerce
Assists in online buying and selling of products and services.
Influences stages of consumer decision making process
Review and rating sites
Deal sites/ deal aggregators
Social shopping markets
The fifth 'P' of Marketing mix
Social media marketing
– the utilization of social media technologies, channels and software to create, communicate, deliver and exchange offerings that have value for organisation's stakeholders.
Social Media vs Marketing Objectives
Social Media; Promotion and Branding
Extend and leverage the brand’s media coverage
Influence consumers through the decision- making process
Owned media, Paid media, Earned media
Social Media; Promotion and Branding
Social Media: Service Recovery
actions organization takes to correct mishaps and win back dissatisfied consumer
to consumers conversations
this information to existing information within the company
on those consumers conversations
Social Media Strategy
Listen and understand the landscape
Create action plan
Track, analyse, optimise
-The generations that did not grew up with the Internet
-They are less networked to friends, family and former classmates online
- Young and connected: 15-24 year olds with 5 or more years of online experience
- They switch their attention between media platforms 27 times per hour
- They use various devices (smartphone, tablet, laptop)
- They prefer texting people rather than talking to them
Generate brand loyalty
Used to maintain social presence online
social identity online
Social Technographic Ladder
- embraces software and processes that include the collective intelligence of a firm’s consumers to more finely tune the offer and build intimacy between organization and its consumers
Social Media: CRM
Social media in China