Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Figure of Speech
Transcript of Figure of Speech
This is when words are used to create an effect in your writing. Usually used with no literal meaning. DOL Corrections 1. His monkey mind was always full of ideas.
2. She swims like a fish in the ocean.
3. "Did you hear the rain dance on the rooftop all morning?" asked Lisa. 1. His monky mind was alwais full of ideas
2. she swyms like a fish in the Ocaen
3. "did you heer the raine dance on the rooftop all Morning? asked lisa. Prompt
What makes a story interesting? Personification Personification is giving lifeless objects personal qualities. Puzzle Activity:
I am going to split you up into 3 groups.
AS A GROUP, I would like you to put your puzzle together
When you are finished, pick a spokesperson for your group who will share what your puzzle says! :) Example:
The stars danced playfully in the moonlit sky.
The flowers waltzed in the gentle breeze. Examples:
I am as brave as a lion
My room was as messy as a pigpen Metaphor A metaphor is a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is used to compare the similarities between two unlike objects or ideas usually using the words ‘is’ or ‘are’ Example:
Life is a rollercoaster, enjoy the ride
Her voice was music to his ears Example Story:
On November 22nd 2012, my entire family is getting together for Thanksgiving, which is one of my favorite holidays. It’s a great time to get together with family, eat delicious food and laugh like there’s no tomorrow. There is always an enormous amount of food which gets me as happy as a kid in a candy store.
Every year we go to my Aunt and Uncles and the house fills with happiness and laughter. By the end of the night my stomach is ready to explode. As always, time is our enemy and the moon comes out to play. As my family begins to leave, I remember all the things I am thankful for. YOUR TURN! :)
Please write a story using metaphor, personification or simile. Try and use all three to really create an interesting story!
Have fun! Metaphor:
* A word or phrase that is used to compare this similarities between two unlike objects or ideas usually using the words 'is' or 'are'.
* Giving lifeless objects personal qualities.
* A comparison of two different things using the words "like" or "as".