Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
5.06 Increasing Awareness
Transcript of 5.06 Increasing Awareness
By: Anna Roberts
What to do
Use the notes you have taken from your selected resource to write a paragraph of at least six sentences that answers your research question. Make sure you are following the guidelines for ethical writing and giving credit to your sources. Include at least one direct quote from the resource in your paragraph.
Why Are Books Banned??
Many books have just been banned or censored due to a misjudgment or a misunderstanding about the books contents and its message. Although a book may have been banned or labeled a certain way, it is very important that the reader makes their own judgements on the book themselves. Many books that have been banned or censored later were dropped from banned books lists and were no longer even considered controversial. Each book that is banned or censored is done so for the content within all of the pages. There are a few common reasons that books have been banned or censored in schools, libraries, and also in book stores. Like, they can be banned because of racial issues, inappropriate language or even actions, violence and negativity is also a reason that a book may be banned.
Locate 3 sources and evaluate their credibility
What makes this a credible source
Information for MLA citation
1. www.alga.org/bbooks Official Library Association Website Title: Banned and Challenged Books & Article Title: Banned and Challenged Books
2. http://www.bannedbooks Has a list of banned books that shaped America Website Title: Banned Books Week Article Title: Banned Books that Shaped America
3. 120 Banned Book: Censorship A book about the history of banned literature. Karolides, Nicholas J. Margaret Bald, Dawn B Sova, Nicholas J. Karolides 120 Banned Book: Histories of World Literature. Censorship Histories of World Literature, New York: Checkmark/Facts On File, 2005. Print.