Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
SING TO THE DAWN ! :)
Transcript of SING TO THE DAWN ! :)
design by Dóri Sirály for Prezi
Group members :
- Vajeha (18)
- Kasturi (8)
- Sharmali (20)
- Samirah (19)
- Thasmeena (22)
Chapter 13 !
What is going to happen now ?
1 ] Summary !
2 ] Main Characters !
3 ] Settings !
4 ] Mood of the chapter !
5 ] Q & A !
- Dawan was getting ready to go to the city . She was shocked to see the number of people gathered outside her house ! ( page 115 , paragraph 1 )
- Dawan felt awkward as everyone was there for her. Therefore she went back to the hut which her grandmother was at ! ( page 115 , paragraph 1 )
-Dawan's grandmother felt that Dawan was afraid to go to the city !
( page 116 , Paragraph 1 )
- Dawan was still holding Kwai''s discarded lotus bud in her hand when she went to sit beside her grandmother ! ( page 116 , paragraph 2 )
- Dawan's grandmother was giving Dawan advice on how to survive while being away from her family . Dawan's grandmother also told Dawan that if she was this timid , she would not be able to face all the the struggles in the city !
( page 116 , paragraph 3 )
THE END :)
Dawan wasnt ready to go to the city yet as she kept saying that she was ready enough to set off to the city . She still had many things to do in the village before leaving ! ( page 117 , paragraph 1 )
- Dawan's grandmother picked up a glass jar , filled it with fresh water and placed the lotus bud in the jar . She gave it to Dawan . Her grandmother sprinkled some water on it ! ( page 117 , second last paragraph )
- " Think of it as just another of your petals unfolding . For we child life has always been an endless unfolding : night unfolding into day , girls unfolding into women , women unfolding babies from themselves . Why , life itself unfolds into death , and death unfolds to life again. There is no cause for sorrow or for fear in this . " ( page 118 , paragraph 4 )
- The father got angry as Dawan was getting late for the bus . Dawan asked her father about Kwai . Father told her that Kwai told him , " She's got the whole village seeing her off . Isn't that enough ? What does need me there for ? "
( page 121 , paragraph 3 )
- Dawan was hurt by Kwai 's words. She thought to herself that there not a single person who really cared to say goodbye to . She got into the bus !
( page 121 paragraph )
- She then heard a very familiar voice singing a song ! Which was sang by Kwai . Dawan was very happy to be sent off by Kwai . At the end they sang the song together !
Main characters :
- Dawan !
- Grandmother !
- Kwai !
Side Characters :
- Bao !
- Noi !
- Ghan !
- Monks !
- Parents !
CHARACTERS ~ !
: Determined !
_ she was determined to go to the city and she achieved by
being stubborn and insistent on going to the city and not
giving up the opportunity !
_ She respects everyone equally ! She
doesn't differentiate and look down on anyone
Characters ~ !
_ Even though he wants the scholarship very badly and didn't want to lose it to her sister , he at last sent her off full heartedly !
_ Grandmother was very supportive towards Dawan when Dawan felt not ready enough to head to the city by giving advices !
- She was very sad about getting seperated with her family since she was leaving to the city !
Evidence ; page 117
" ' Let me cry , grandma , ' she sobbed brokenly . ' Let me cry now and i promise , i wont cry anymore . Oh , let me cry now ! "
- Hurt about not winning the scholarship and not being able to go for further studies in the city !
Evidence ; page 121
" She ' s got the whole village seeing her off . Isn't that enough ? what else she need me there for ? "
The bridge near the river !
The Kelong , her house !
1] What was Dawan holding when she sat beside her grandmother ?
Ans : A lotus bud !
2] Why didn't Dawan want to go to the city yet ?
Ans : Dawan felt like she wasnt ready to go to the city for her studies as she had some things for her to complete in the village before going to the city !
3 ] Why did Dawan ' s father get angry ?
Ans ; Dawan was getting late for her bus to the city !
4] Do you think Dawan would have convince her family without her grandmother's help ?
Ans : No . Dawan ' s grandmother was a very big pillar of support to Dawan . She was the main person who supported Dawan to go to the city for further studies . She was there for Dawan when no one else was .