Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Persuasive Speech on Lowering Drinking Age
Transcript of Persuasive Speech on Lowering Drinking Age
Facts One in three 8th graders have tried alcohol.
One in five teens excessively drink alcohol.
If teens under 21 drink before the legal age they'll be used to it and learn how to control it when they reach 21.
If teens drink with their parents, they won't want to rebel and "experience" when they're out with friends.
25% of youth ages 12-20 drink alcohol. 5 Reasons Why
it Should be Lowered Why the Drinking Age Should Be Lowered. Janessa Suarez
April 24,2013 1. Having the drinking age at 21 encourages young adults to use fake id's to purchase alcohol. It would be better if we had fewer fake id's and more respect for the law.
2. You don't know how much you can handle until you try it out. Tolerance doesn't come with age, it comes with realization of responsibility.
3. These young adults tend to rebel when not allowed to do something they want and are curious to know what drinking is all about.
4. There are over 200 countries in the world that do not have a drinking age. Countries such as Italy and China have fewer alcohol related problems.
5. It can help the economy. More people would legally be able to drink at bars and restaurants which would increase revenue for private business owners and greater amounts of tax revenue will be collected by the government. Do you really think drinking a beer is an act of greater responsibility & maturity than voting or going to war? Watch Me! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/greg-voakes/how-beer-saved-the-world_b_1354789.html